It was handed to me on the week that I got married.
“Nothing is more damaging than depression. Depression is the cause of all kinds of ills, including sickness and disease. When you are happy, come what may, you are free. Your mind will be settled and you will understand things clearly. Try and turn your very depression and worry into joy. If you really set your mind to it you will find that even amidst the worst troubles and suffering, there is an opening you can use to convert all the depression into joy.”
1. SMILE. Most people are full of pain and worry and all kinds of troubles. But when you come to them with a smiling face, you can literally give them life.
2. Make it a habit to always sing a happy song. It will send joy into your soul.
3. Judge others favorably. You may see much that is bad in them. Still, search out their good points.
4. Judge yourself favorably. Sift through for your good points and take joy in them.
5. Don’t despair. If you believe you can damage, believe you can repair.
6. Ask God to help you understand why you came into this world and how you can fulfill your purpose.
7. Give some charity. Charity brings peace.
8. Tell the truth. Truth brings peace.
“…and know that in life one has to pass over a very narrow bridge. The main thing is not to be afraid.”